Over the last several weeks, MainStay has kept our field operations closed even though we were deemed an essential service by the State. We took this difficult step to assess how best to serve our employees, you, and the larger community in this challenging COVID-19 environment. We joined with many other landscape companies that felt the same. This coalition of companies has been a tremendous resource for all involved because we have been able to share strategies, review COVID-19 employee/employer policies, and work together to support each other while we carefully reopen our businesses.
Indeed, business as usual has changed in these uncertain times! Developing an achievable safety plan while adapting to the COVID-19 challenges has been the focus of our efforts both personally and professionally for the past several weeks. As a result, by the end of this month, MainStay will be at full capacity to meet the needs of our clients.
We will be placing all employees into our Maintenance Division by April 27th to open properties for the season. We will start with clients who have signed contracts and deposits and work from there. If you have not signed or sent a deposit, please do so at your earliest convenience. If you are not comfortable having us on your property, please let us know. We will be emailing each client ahead of scheduled visits and will not show up unannounced.
Construction projects will begin as soon as our goals for our maintenance properties are completed. We expect construction to resume by June.
Currently, MainStay Landscape is operating in a strategic way to keep our team and you safe and comfortable. Below are our protocols implemented to take care of you, our Mainstay team members, and our families:
- Each employee has a designated vehicle and will drive alone.
- Each employee has designated tools and equipment that are color coded to the individual.
- In that regard, we sanitize all equipment and vehicles at the beginning and end of each day.
- Each employee will use hand sanitizers and protective masks. Our standard masks for construction are rated N99.
- Each vehicle has 12V hardwired powered hand wash stations with soap and water.
- We can and will schedule and conduct client design meetings as needed remotely through Zoom Conferencing.
- When we work on-site or at our shop space, we implement social distancing.
- We have reviewed proactive procedures that emphasize safety steps at home as well.
- As our client, you can choose to speak with us on your property or communicate with us through text, calls, email, FaceTime, or Zoom.
Beyond these common sense protocols, you should know that we provide a strong benefits package to our MainStay team members that gives each a reassuring level of security. In addition to health insurance, we provide paid sick leave so that if an employee feels sick, he/she can recover at home.
We are grateful for the relationships we have with each of you, our clients. We know the COVID-19 challenge will bring out the best in one another and that as a community we can help each other. Please call my mobile 800-428-3163 if you have any questions or concerns.
Jay MacMullan, President
MainStay Landscape Inc.